Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Thursday, March 1, 2012

No time to say hello. Goodbye!

Just popping in for a quick breath of noveling community before plunging back into writing, family, and school work (not always in that order).

I'm still 100% for writing every day in 2012. Though I didn't quite get through all my goals in February. Okay, I only got about half of them done. But still, I got HALF of them DONE!! I could have fizzled out and done nothing, but I'm still making progress. And I'm very happy with the progress I'm making. That's all that matters, right?

With a truckload of school reading to do, a couple of tests and an essay or two (and that's just THIS WEEK), I have been reluctant to commit myself to anything official this month. But this is March, and NaNoEdMo is on. That's 50 hours of editing in a month, which is roughly 97 minutes a day. My entire body freezes up at the thought of giving up that much study time/play time/cuddle time/cleaning time/reading time EVERY DAY. And I've never won a NaNoEdMo before. I don't know if I can do this...

But I'm going to try. And if I only roll out 20 hours or even just 1 hour for the month, I hope that time will have made a difference to my novel.

Here's how I'd like to spend my 50 hours of editing:

Finish outlining my existing story (only 3 more chapters to go)
Begin outlining the rest of my unwritten story
Fix some of the plot holes I've noticed

That's about as far as my ambition goes at the moment. If I don't make it back here until next month, I hope your nanoedmo goes well, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment