Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Friday, April 1, 2011

And a very happy April to you, too...

You may have noticed that March is over, and with April comes a new quarter and a new quarterly challenge over at Tristi's. I may be insane to try and do another challenge when I just utterly failed NaNoEdMo and I have a lot of course work to do. BUT I did sign up. I must be a glutton for punishment or something.

No. NaNoEdMo did not go well. I got about 10/50 hours worth of editing done, and at least a couple of those hours were spent revising school papers. I was just overwhelmed with school work, life, sickness- my own and my kids'- and whatnot, lots of whatnot.

But it's a new day, a new month, a new quarter, and I can do better. This time, I'm going to be smarter than I have been. Since I set my own goals for Tristi's challenges, I am including those wretched homework assignments that threaten to cause me another failure.

So my April goals are as follows:
1. Get my English poetry research paper written and turned in by April 19th.
2. Get my oral history paper written and turned in by April 21st.
3. Get through 30 of my editing notes on my WIP, since there are 30 days in April.
My focus right now has to be on 1 and 2. But it's still excellent writing practice. Hopefully that thought will help keep me moving along. This week, I need to choose the poems I'm going to write on (and the topics within those poems) and find some literary critiques to support my ideas. I also need to conduct my oral interview and find some historical references to compare my interviewee's experiences to. Phew! To the library!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh...I utterly failed NaNoEdMo too. I feel a bit of disappointment there. Also, I apologize for not encouraging you more about it. Next year...

    Good Luck on your new challenges & goals. It will be great for you! I'm here to encourage you anyway I can. Go for it!

    Hmmm...meet you at the library. :D

    ReplyDelete