Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

2/3 through April and halfway through May

If the date is April 20th, can someone please tell me why my brain is stuck in the middle of May? I keep reminding myself that if it was the middle of May, my baby would already be 1, I'd be finished with the semester, and life would be a lot less nuts than it is. But alas, my mind just won't join me in the here and now. So I suppose I'll have to make do without it. Um... how does one do that?

Well, brain or no, it is 10 days till the end of the month. I got my English paper turned in with plenty of time to spare. I can't say the same for my History paper. It's due tomorrow, no later than 5:30pm. I still have a page to a page and a half left to go. The good news is, I finally have all my sources and I have a good idea of what the rest of the paper will be like. I just need to disentangle myself from my family long enough to get it all down on paper in a comprehensive way.

Another project got thrown at me this week as well. It's a group project for English. We present on Tuesday. Just like that. I'm trying not to think about it. Believe it or not, procrastination can actually be a healthy and productive way to deal with life.

So once my paper is done, I need to do some prep for my group project, and then I'm free to edit my WIP. You see, this was all leading some where. You see, I do have a plan. The problem with plans is that plans have a way of not working out. Then the plan becomes the problem. But then there's the power of positive thinking. My plans will work out fine this month. My plans will all go according to plan. I will get my school work done to the best of my ability and also pay some attention to my book. Oh, and I won't utterly neglect my family to do it. The universe will not implode; it will not!

So with a fool proof plan and the power of positive thought, I simply can't go wrong. But if all else should fail, I'm pretty certain the universe will not implode. Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment