Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

National Novel Editing Month

Welcome to March, everybody! It's National Novel Editing Month. Much like writing with NaNoWriMo, we cram an insane amount of editing into one month- 50 hours of insanity to be exact. If you're interested in signing up, you may do so here. I'm all signed up and am about to head over there and log the 10 minutes I have so far. Hold on a sec...

...and I'm back. Gee that was easy! Now if I can only turn that 10 minutes into 10 hours. Actually, I don't know if I can do this, but I'm going to do my darnedest ("gee?" "darnedest?" why am I suddenly talking like an old man with his pants pulled up to his chest with suspenders?).

Since I got my initial review of The Slave Knight all done in February (huzzah!) I'm going to focus on implementing all the notes I've made on it. There are about 159 of them. Some are small, some are big and some are mammoth-sized. But this will be my focus for March and NaNoEdMo. If I can get through them all, my little story will look astonishingly like a real book. I hope.

Anyway, wish me luck! And if you decide to sign up, let me know so we can encourage each other.

Write on!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your revision progress! And happy Editing Month!

    ReplyDelete