Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January challenge check in

I meant to write something yesterday, but it turns out you can only do so much in one day. Who knew?
So Tristi's Challenges is over for this quarter and I need to review my progress. I did great! I didn't quite meet all my goals, but I did get a lot done. Remember, I wanted to edit 2 pages a day and also get my manuscript formatted. Well, I edited an average of about 4 pages a day. I still have a little less than 100 pages left to edit. But I'm sure I can get that done in February. I didn't get any formatting done. But as I have said before. That ended up being a much bigger job than I initially thought it would be. I am still working on my general outline. Once that's done, I should easily be able to piece my MS into chapters and whatnot.

I know I need to make an appearance here more regularly than I do. So I'm going to try and check in every Wednesday (subject to change, depending on my schedule). Hopefully that will keep me writerly (yes. I did just make up a word. that's how I roll) minded. This week brings me lots of homework and very cold weather. Is there any chance the two will balance each other out and give me some time to write? If I MAKE it so, it will be so. So it will be so. Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment