Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

because it's Wednesday

Welcome to Wednesday, people! Honestly, I have very little to report this week and probably nothing interesting to say. BUT here I am.

Last week was kind of a bust. My husband was out of town and I was sick. My kids were very busy, so I was very busy. And in constant pain. And every single plan I had laid ran into one complication or another. So the writing did not happen so much last week. When my sweetheart finally came home, he was sick. Sigh. But I have been a little bit better this week about writing. I had some time between classes, so I worked on editing The Slave Knight and it was so much fun that I came home after my last class and edited some more. I've been editing in bits and pieces today. I heart my book...

In other news, I've been writing a lot for school and have several other writing assignments coming up very soon. Hey, I'll take any opportunity to work on my craft. That's why I became an English major.

And another Valentine's Day has come and gone as well. I mention it because my gifties this year will have what I'm hoping will be a big and positive impact on my writing. I've been saving up my play money so that I can buy a laser printer. Robert surprised me and chipped in some of his own money and bought one for me. Now I can print manuscript pages to my heart's content and not have to replace the ink cartridge every time I do it. Hooray! Also, Robert got an ebay gift certificate for fixing his brother's computer. I jokingly told him he could use it to buy me a new battery for my laptop (the old one is dead-DEAD and my laptop is chained to the wall by its power cord). And he did! A 12 cell, so I can unplug for twice as long. I'm very excited about that. My theory that I can get anything I want from him, as long as it's technology related, is proving itself quite nicely.

So I pledge to be a good little writer-girl this week and pay attention to my MS, despite the gobs of homework, church commitments, and family demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment