Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Well whaddaya know?

A little follow up on the contests I entered. Not all of them are over yet, but a few of them have closed up shop. Susan over at Ink-Spells had a wonderful promotion going on for Heifer International- such a great charity, I love it! I've had some weird financial issues just in time for the holidays, so I didn't feel like I could donate this year. Instead, I asked my brother-in-law to donate on my behalf for his gift to me. Best gift ever! It really is the kind of gift that continues to give for years and years (plus, I don't have to find a place to house a llama since it was given to somebody else). And it also unexpectedly gave back a little bit, too. Susan e-mailed me a bit ago to tell me I won her t-shirt competition, held especially for donors (or is it donaters? I dunno.). I was happy enough without the t-shirt, but this has really made my day.

So thanks a bunch, Susan. And hooray for Heifer International and llamas changing people's lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment