Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Tristi's Writing Challenge

Once a quarter, I participate in a writing challenge, hosted by novelist and editor edtraordinaire Tristi Pinkston. This is a great challenge because you set your own goals based on what you need to work on right now.

I need to do a lot of things, but my big focus right now is on The Slave Knight. Now that the holidays are over, I need to get some serious editing done. But where to find the time? In bits and pieces, I suppose. The goal I signed up with is to edit two pages a day and to get my manuscript formatted before the end of the month.

Two pages of unformatted, single spaced type is a lot different than two pages of manuscript formatting. But school starts halfway through the month. Maybe if I format right before school, that'll give me a little leeway to do my school stuff and still puck away at my latest novel.

If you need a little extra motivation to kick off the new year right, head on over to Tristi's Challeges and sign up!

No comments:

Post a Comment