Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Thursday, October 28, 2010

do I gotta?

I was really not in the mood for writing today, but I did 504 words anyway. And I set myself up so that tomorrow I have to write a poem. And it's supposed to be a hate poem. I haven't done poetry in probably a decade or more. And it's probably been at least that long since I hated anybody. <groan> Why do I do this to myself?? I used to be pretty good at poetry, when I was depressed and all unhappy and teenage-hormonal and whatnot. But I'm happy now. Life is good. There are rainbows everywhere you look and butterflies enough to kiss every flower. That does not an interesting poem make. Where, oh where, am I going to find some inspiration for a halfway decent poem by tomorrow? I may be in trouble here. If I manage to pull off anything remotely readable, I'll post it here, I promise (oh, good, Robin. No pressure. That's just great.)

2 comments:

  1. use your feelings for the insurance folks as a source of emotional inspiration . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure a string of cuss words would make a good poem either.

    ReplyDelete