Writing Quote

"Don't write merely to be understood.
Write so that you can't possibly be misunderstood."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

Saturday, October 9, 2010

the beauty of a challenge

I wrote 500 words today- twice as much as I meant to.
I seriously considered taking a reprieve today. I've been horribly busy, I'm bushed, and I still have a lot to do before I can turn in. But I convinced myself to just do a little writing- for the principle of getting into the habit of writing everyday. I wasn't sure I'd make myself do 250 words. But then before I knew it, I had 150  and 100 extra really isn't too hard. So I kept going. Then the next time I looked down at my counter, I had 492. An eight word sentence isn't so hard. And ta-da. 500 words.
It may not have happened today if it weren't for the challenge, not just to write 7250 words in a 31 day month, but to write every single day for a month. I like it. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment